What is Body Composition Analysis?
Body composition is used to describe the percentages of fat, bone, water and muscle in human bodies. Because muscular tissue takes up less space in our body than fat tissue, our body composition, as well as our weight, determines leanness.
We utilize this information to determine that your weight loss is coming from fat tissue rather than muscle. Allowing our bodies to maintain weight loss.
Bioelectrical impedance measures the resistance of body tissues to the flow of a small, harmless electrical signal. The proportion of body fat can be calculated as the current flows more easily through the parts of the body that are composed mostly of water (such as blood, urine & muscle) than it does through bone, fat or air.
Benefits of having a health body composition:
- Normal blood pressure level
- Improved quality of sleep
- Improved mood and self-confidence
- Increased energy and endurance throughout the day
- Reduced pain in joints, hips, and lower back
- Improved blood circulation-leading to lower risk of heart disease
- Higher fertility rates and lower risk for pregnancy-related complications
- Improved breathing, respiration, and lung function
- Improved glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity